Hymn from Mars Hill

Acts 17:22-32

Are You the Who at the middle of
     my prayers? a She or He? They? sacred
     Androgyne? an omni-Person writ
     large against here and now forever?
Does "watch" or "listen" or "feel" suggest
     anything to You? Or are You the
     What at the root of all faith? a free
     It? Being Itself? an infinite
     Something in every finite something?
Do You change when we change, like the trees
     dancing at the invite of the Wind?
     resisting the chill weight of the Wind?
     pushing hard back to alter the Wind?
Are my sweats to assign Who-ness and
     What-ness useful? warranted? worthy?
Or do I speak of You better with
     awed silence? Is Not better than So?
     Is it enough to know that in You
     I live and move and have my being?
 

. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply