On the curation of a life





A curator is careful to look for and appreciate interdependencies, to collect artifacts that share significant relationships, and to care for them. A curator is a trustee of everything they see, hear, touch, smell, and taste. It is their vocation to bring together what has been separated in a kind of symbolic repentance, asking a fragment's forgiveness for humanity's failure to honor the inter-being of the world around us. Or the world within us, for that matter. The curator tends to life's myriad connections. The result is often an exhibition that enlightens the minds of all who interact with it, enabling persons to walk into the other spaces of their lives eager to notice what had always been overlooked.

For those of us who are trying our damnedest to be curators of our lives and not onlookers only - Lord, hear our prayer.

. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to On the curation of a life

  1. Erin says:

    Isn't it interesting how different this effort toward being a 'curator of our life' can look from person to person? Probably why these kinds of people are interesting rather than usual. (I actually said "Yipee!" when I saw you'd posted again! Keep 'em coming! If I had to pick between FB and blogs, the later would win out every time. Love to read the lives of others.)

    (Does that make me a creeper?)

    ;)

  2. Riley says:

    The differences are exactly what are so beautiful, I think. Seems to me that it's when everyone's existence begins to resemble one another that it becomes most obvious people are no longer taking their own lives seriously. (I don't like that sentence, but I think you know what I mean.)

    And thanks for the "yipee!" I have missed writing and need to get back to it. Glad there are two or three others willing to read my rambling.

    Hope you and the girls are enjoying your Saturday.

  3. I didn't say Yippee but I did say "Oh Goodie"! You MUST continue to write.

Leave a Reply